Ellis & Associates 32nd Annual
Ron Rhinehart International Aquatic Safety School
January 7th-12th, 2018
The Ron Rhinehart International Aquatic Safety School (IASS) will be celebrating its 32nd year of “Making a Difference In Aquatic Safety”, at the beautiful Arizona Grand Resort and Spa, in Phoenix, Arizona. Educational sessions will be held at the resort, and at the City of Tempe’s Kiwanis Indoor Wave Pool and McClintock Pool. On-site registration for the school will begin Sunday evening, January 7th at 5:30PM on the Sunset Patio, followed by a Welcoming Session in the South Mountain Ballroom at 7:00PM. Programming will begin Monday morning, January 8th at 8:00AM. Participants will be grouped according to years of experience in aquatics, teaching experience, and skill level. On Friday evening, the school will conclude with a banquet that will take place from approximately 7:00PM until 10:00PM.
All students must hold a current/valid International Lifeguard Training Program® (ILTP®) Lifeguard/Lifeguard Instructor license, or an ILTP® Lifeguard Course Completion Certificate to take part in the school, and must be registered, through the “IASS” tab in Clients Services, prior to the start of the school. Attendees who do not hold a current credential as a Lifeguard/Lifeguard Instructor through the ILTP prior to the start of the school must register for the Blended Learning Lifeguard Training Program in section 5 of the IASS Registration Form, in addition to the IASS Tuition. ** These students must complete the On-Line portion of the Program, the Flipbook, prior to December 31, 2017, as completion of the Flipbook is a prerequisite for entry into the class. They will also be required to attend the ILTP® Practical Completion Course, 8:00AM until 5:00PM on Sunday, January 7th.
With the continued development of Ellis Education Services, (providing accredited training courses, learning services, and resources specifically designed to meet the demanding training needs of our Clients, and owners and operators in the aquatic industry at large), and the continuation of our prestigious accreditation status as an IACET Authorized Provider, we are pleased to again provide the following educational opportunities and the awarding of CEUs for curriculum completion at IASS:
- An on-line learning, Train-the-Trainer program, with class materials delivered in an e-Learning format (to be completed prior to the school) as part of the Instructor Pre-Course Materials Package. Train-the-Trainer is designed to teach trainers how to facilitate and lead training sessions, this course teaches candidates professional presentation skills that are applicable when teaching a lesson, and is based around specific knowledge of how to design and instruct lessons so that working memory transitions into long-term memory to achieve successful training outcomes for the student. The Train the Trainer Course teaches topics including adult learning theory, how to prepare and teach lessons that cater to diverse learning styles, the importance of assessment and different ways to assess learners, as well as, how to communicate constructive feedback when training people, among others. Trainer candidates in this course will gain valuable knowledge and experience that translates to teaching any lesson or training session at their facility. Completion is mandatory for all Instructors and 0.4 CEUs will be awarded to students upon completion of the online course.
- A blended learning vanGUARD Aquatics Leadership Program® with class materials delivered in a e-Learning format (to be completed prior to the school) as part of the Instructor Pre-Course Materials Package, coupled with a classroom session to complete the course. Updated for 2017 vanGUARD meets the Model Aquatic Health Code lifeguard supervisor training requirements outlined in MAHC section 6.2.2 “Lifeguard Supervisor Training Elements”. Lifeguard Supervisors learn important topics related to leading lifeguard teams, such as: how to manage lifeguard scanning and vigilance, techniques for developing and evaluating Zone of Protection® areas, development of Emergency Action Plans, and being preventative in an aquatic facility environment, among others. The course offers users resources and templates for customization at their facilities and comes with creative team-building exercises and activities designed to reinforce learning topics within the program. Students will complete the blended modules before taking the 2-hour interactive leader-led (classroom) portion of the class at the school. Completion is mandatory for all Instructors and 0.4 CEUs will be awarded to students who successfully complete the online and classroom portions of the course.
- New ILTP Instructors will be awarded 2.6 CEUs for successful completion of the New Instructor Course.
- Renewal ILTP Instructors will be awarded 1.0 CEUs for successful completion of the Renewal Instructor Course.
Successful completion of the 2018 International Aquatic Safety School includes:
ILTP (International Lifeguard Training Program) Instructor Licensure and CEUs
CPR Instructor, First Aid Instructor, Supplemental Oxygen Instructor, AED Instructor
vanGUARD: Aquatics Leadership Training Certificate of Completion and CEUs
vanGUARD: Aquatics Leadership Training Instructor Certification
Train-the-Trainer Course Certificate of Completion and CEUs
A special school FLAT RATE of $239.00 + tax (two per suite) has been established for IASS Participants. Rooms are suites with a bedroom including two queen beds, and separate sitting room with a small couch. A third person per room option is also available for an additional $25.00 + tax (3rd guest sleeps on couch). Please notify the hotel when you are making your arrangements that you will be attending the 2018 E&A International Aquatic Safety School. Guests may call the hotel direct at 602-438-9000 or call the toll free reservation number at 877-800-4888 and ask for the Jeff Ellis group rate. You may also register online using the following link: Jeff Ellis IASS Booking Link
Hotel reservations must be made by 5:00PM Wednesday, December 6, 2017. After this date, reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only. Reserve your room EARLY!
Arizona Grand Resort and Spa
8000 South Arizona Grand Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85044
Phone 602-438-9000 Fax 602-431-6535
Additional Course Offerings:
Prior to the beginning of IASS, two additional course opportunities will be offered at the City of Tempe’s Kiwanis Indoor Wave Pool and will take place on Saturday and Sunday (1/6 and 1/7). They are:
- ILTP® Practical Completion Lifeguard Course – acquire your licensure as an ILTP Lifeguard (8-5 Sun only)
- Jeff Ellis Swimming Coordinator – acquire your license as a JES Program Coordinator (8-5 Sat and Sun)
- For additional course info including fees, please contact Joe Stefanyak at email@example.com
IASS Tuition Schedule:
Full IASS tuition will be charged to those registering after November 30, 2017. Tuition includes $50 per student for lunch Monday – Friday.
2018 IASS Tuition:
**ILTP Practical Completion:
(In addition to full tuition)
NO Cash refunds will be given.
IASS Tuition Discount Information:
Client Facilities sending multiple students are eligible for a discounted rate if ALL applications are received online before the November 30, 2017 deadline. A $50 incremental discount will be provided for each additional student up to a limit of ten (10) total students. Calculations are as follows:
Regular Tuition minus $50
Regular Tuition minus $100
Regular Tuition minus $150
Regular Tuition minus $200
Regular Tuition minus $250
Regular Tuition minus $300
Regular Tuition minus $350
Regular Tuition minus $400
Regular Tuition minus $450
Regular Tuition minus $450
Public Agencies should contact Juan Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on partial scholarships.
NO Cash refunds will be given.
Acquire skills and knowledge necessary for better professional performance!
Obtain CEUs for successful completion of various program elements!
Learn the most recent technical information in the aquatic field!
Participate in quality leadership and management training!
Become a better, more polished trainer!
Network with others in the field!
Come share ideas and help us enhance safety in the aquatic industry!