The Hunter Goold Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a qualified individual, to be used to cover 100% of the tuition expense of the 2017 Ron Rhinehart International Aquatic Safety School®. This year, we are asking that each interested candidate submit a video. This video should that provide an overview of the qualifications of the individual asking for consideration. The video may also include any supporting testimonials or evidence of service (all on the video).
While the submitted video does not require anything more than recorded explanations of qualifications, we encourage each candidate to be creative. The Goold family will review submissions and communicate their choice to E&A staff. Please have your video submission available for E&A staff to access no later than November 16, 2016.
If you are unable to make a video submission, E&A will accept a written submission, emailed to the email address indicated below. All written submissions must be in Word or PDF and contain all the elements indicated in the criteria. If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact Luke by phone at 407-401-7129.
The video must include the candidates:
- Full Name
- Position at the facility
The video should highlight the following, where applicable (note that these items are not absolute requirements to win):
- History of community involvement or volunteer work
- Past, current, or future ambition for service in the Military, by the candidate
- Past or current service in the Military of someone related to the candidate
- Organizational involvement awards (such as an Eagle Scout or Gold Award)
- Community Service awards or recognition
- Leadership roles the candidate currently holds or has held in the past (this could be at the aquatic facility, in the community, at your religious institution, etc.)
- Any other helpful information.
Testimonials regarding the candidate (optional):
- Religious leader
- Community leader
- Fellow employees
- Friends, Neighbors, Relatives
Videos should be no longer than 8 minutes (6 minutes or less is recommended).
Once your video is complete, please upload it to a video hosting website or cloud service and email the link to the video (along with contact information) to Luke Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org. All videos must be completed by November 16, 2016 to be considered.
Examples of free video hosting websites or cloud services: